One of the newest additions to the tablet scene is the Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016 Tablet. At first glance, it has some nice looking specs, which seem perfect for the tech-junkie: 16 gb (also available in 32 gb and 8 gb), USB, HDMI ports, SD card reader, and a decent price. However, we all know that the deciding factor for any tablet is quality and performance. Can the Toshiba Thrive deliver?
Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016 Highlights:
- Wi-Fi ready, 16 gb tablet (32 and 8 GB models available)
- 10 – inch diagonal high-res touch screen
- Uses Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system
- Has USB, mini-USB, HDMI, SD, and headphone ports
- Built-in microphone and camera (2 MP front and 5 MP back)
- Powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor and NVIDIA GeForce (for visuals and gaming)
What We Liked About The Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016
- The Ports! – This is third time in this Toshiba Thrive review that we’ve mentioned its ports, but for good reason — it’s loaded with them. With USB, SD, and HDMI you can virtually hook your tablet up to anything.
- Rubberized Back – The sleek, smooth finish on other tablets looks nice out of the box; however, after a few weeks of handling, they are scuffed, scratched, and appear old. On the other hand, the Thrive’s rubberized back stays nice looking, is much easier to grip, and seems more durable.
- Replaceable Battery – This is a unique feature for a tablet as most have batteries that are sealed in the casing and are inaccessible. With the Thrive, you can take out the battery (similar to a laptop) and replace it if you ever need to.
- Nice Operating System – The Honeycomb system is fast, clean, and adaptable. It’s highly intuitive and has a fun, easy layout.
- Great Video and Graphics – The Toshiba Thrive tablet has a bright, crisp display that is even capable of HD. Whether you’re watching movies, playing games, or reading an e-book, it looks fantastic.
- Has Flash Player – If you’re used to iPhones or iPads then you know how annoying not having a flash player can be.
What We Didn’t Like About The Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016
- Size – In truth, we kind of have mixed feelings about the size. We like it because it allows room for the various ports, and it makes it feel more durable, but it can get heavy if you’re holding it for a long time (reading an e-book). So, just take notice that it is thicker than most other tablets.
- Charger – The charger is rather big and bulky and is similar to what comes with a laptop.
- Camera – Although most people won’t buy the Toshiba Thrive Tablet with plans to take high-quality pictures, we thought you should know its camera is only so-so at best. Images are rather grainy and there is no flash.
Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016 Conclusion
The Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016 tablet is an impressive device with everything you expect from a tablet and more. You can watch movies, surf the net, play games, browse social networks, and multitask with ease and in style. And did we mention those ports? You just don’t find all those extras with other tablets. Overall, this is a great gadget for those who want the convenience and functionalities of a tablet, but aren’t too keen on the restrictions and limitations associated with other brands.