When it comes to tablets, there’s no hiding that iPads have been leading the market, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a pretty good alternative. Although the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 price is comparable to the iPad’s, its specs and flexible Android operating system are appealing to those who want the best. It would also be a good choice for users tired of dealing with Apple’s limiting, and proprietary nature. If you have similar feelings or already own an Android device, you’ll definitely want to see what the Samsung Galaxy Tab has to offer.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Highlights
- 16 gb of memory (32 gb also available)
- 10.1 inch touchscreen display
- Built-in camera (3 megapixel back, 2 megapixel front)
- Connect online via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system
- Dual-core Tegra 2 processor
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
Click For More Product Details
What We Liked About The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Android Integration – Google Play has over 450,000 apps, music, and more, if you already have an Android or Google account, you can instantly sync all the apps you already own onto your Samsung Galaxy – big time saver!
- Appearance and Feel – It’s lightweight (1.2 lbs), thin, and the back has an attractive brushed metal look. Although it’s made of plastic, it has no flex and feels sturdy and solidly built.
- Display Quality – With an impressive 1280 x 800 screen resolution (compare that to the iPad 2’s 1024 x 768) and 10.1 inch screen, everything looks great on the Samsung Galaxy 10.1. Games, movies, internet…they are all bright and crystal clear. We especially like how the 16:9 aspect ratio reduces the need for the dreaded “black bars” when watching things in HD.
- Honeycomb Operating System – The Honeycomb system is super-fast, looks great, and is customizable: you are able to modify home screen, add widgets, and more.
- Battery Life – With average use, you can get a solid 10 hours of use out of this tab and carry it around all day without worrying about losing power.
- Has Flash Player – Having a flash player is a huge convenience and simply adds to the overall functionality of the Galaxy.
Click To See Customer Reviews
What We Didn’t Like About The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- No SD or USB Slot – One of the great things about Android devices is that they are not “locked down,” and you are able to transfer files and customize at will; however, the lack of ports makes this a cumbersome task on the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 – buy an adapter if you plan on transferring a lot of files.
- Proprietary Charger Port – You have to buy a special power cord, specifically for a Samsung Galaxy, to charge your tablet. Again, this kind of goes against the open nature of Android devices.
- Needs More Tablet Apps – This is more a complaint of Android than the tablet itself, but Android is still playing catch-up in terms of the number of tablet-specific apps available. Hopefully, it will be up to par soon.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Conclusion
If you already own an Android smartphone or other gadget, we think it makes sense to use the same operating system throughout all your devices, and you won’t find easier integration than with this tablet. Also, the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 specs are awesome and even surpass the iPad 2’s in some instances. Although, you will have to settle for fewer tablet apps (for now), we think the slim design, friendly operating system, and smart functionalities will satisfy even the pickiest tablet owner, especially those who want more control over their platform.
If you liked this article you may find the following helpful as well:
Our Toshiba Thrive 10.1 Review – At first glance, it has some nice looking specs, which seem perfect for the tech-junkie
Our Our Sony Tablet S Review – All-in-all, we like the Sony SGPT111us/s Wi-Fi tablet (16 gb) and found it to be up to par with the most popular tablets.