Have you noticed the high-tech, in dash media systems that are coming out in new cars? Envious? If so, you may want to consider the Power Acoustik PTID-8920 in dash DVD, AM-FM receiver. This device promises all the tech features you crave (touch screen, DVD, MP3, etc.) without the cost of an expensive new audio system or car.
Power Acoustik PTID 8920 Highlights
- 7″ touch screen display
- Plays a variety of movie formats (DVD, MP4, DIVX, XVID) and MP3 audio files
- Reads media from DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs, SDHC cards (up to 16 gb), and USB devices
- Rearview camera option
- Detachable faceplate with pouch
- Separate control for subwoofer volume (selectable for 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz low-pass)
Click Here To See More Specs
What We Liked About The Power Acoustik PTID 8920
- Price – You can purchase the Power Acoustik PTID 8920 for less than $200. This is a great deal as compared to similar players, and it beats purchasing a new car by a long shot.
- Touch Screen – The touch screen works great and will make you feel as if your car or truck is finally fit for the 21st century.
- Easy Navigation – The menu options are all vividly displayed on the main screen. Simply touch the category you want and other options will appear — just as they do on your smartphone or tablet.
- Multipurpose – If you read enough Power Acoustik PTID 8920 reviews, you’ll see that it is a fun addition for everybody in the car. With movie, music, photo viewing, and rearview camera capabilities, it offers something for passengers and driver.
- Good Quality – Sound quality is stellar, the DVD’s have great graphics (480 x 234 resolution), the screen is colorful, and it’s glossy, black trim looks nice on the dash.
- Easy Set Up – If you’ve ever installed a car stereo before, then this will be a breeze, and even if you haven’t, the receiver comes with thorough directions and only takes about 30 minutes to hook up.
- Remote Control – It comes with a handy remote control, so even those in the backseat can operate the Power Acoustik.
Click Here To Learn More
What We Didn’t Like About The Power Acoustik PTID 8920
- Not iPod/iPhone Friendly – The Power Acoustik PTID can play music from your iPod, but only through the auxiliary (AUX) feature. This means you have to operate your music through the iPod and not from the player’s cool interface. When the AUX is connected, the Power Acoustik’s touch screen is blank.
Power Acoustik PTID 8920 Conclusion
Besides the poor iPod/iPhone integration, we couldn’t find much to dislike about this device. The Power Acoustik PTID-8920 specs are impressive (especially for the price), and expandable options, such as adding an MP3 cable or Bluetooth connection, are also available. As long as your main purpose isn’t to play content from your iPod, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the Power Acoustik’s performance and will find new enjoyment out of your vehicle.
Do you own the Power Acoustik PTID 8920 in dash DVD AM-FM receiver? If so, how has it enhanced your automobile experience?